Pontypool Community Council - Date of Next Meeting
To view the agenda for this meeting please click on the Council toolbar at the top of this page then choose the relevant committee from the options on the toolbar on the left hand side of the page. All meetings start at 6.30pm (unless stated otherwise) and are held in our Council Chamber at 35a Commercial Street, Pontypool.
The next Committee meeting will be Full Council which will take place on Wednesday 18th July 2018 at 6.30pm.
Poet of Pontypool 2018
On Thursday 12th July Pontypool Community Council hosted it's annual Poet of Pontypool presentation evening. 8 Junior finalists and 9 senior finalists attended and recited their entries before the winners were announced.
The winner of the Adult section was Mr Stanley Bruce Jones.
To view his entry please click the following link: Winning adult poem.pdf
The winner of the Junior section was Melody Arthur
To view her poem please click on the following link: Junior winners Poem.pdf
Below is a photo of all the adult finalists.
Well done to all who entered!!
Photography Competition 2018
Theme of photo –
“Wildlife within Torfaen”
Pontypool Community Council are holding a photography competition.
1st prize is £50 and a canvas of photo entered....
2nd prize is £30
3rd prize is £20
Please send you entry in via email to email@example.com
Closing date is Friday 10th August at 4pm
RULES OF COMPETITION:
• Images must be submitted in a digital format and must be AT LEAST one megabyte in size JPEG would be the easiest way to submit the photo if sending by email.
• The image must have been taken in Torfaen
• The entrant must live in the Torfaen postcode area.
• All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
• It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
• Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
• Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Pontypool Community Council to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
• Only one entry per person.
• The photograph must comprise of a single image and not a composite of other images.
• The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing by the judges.
Party in the Park 2018
Torfaen Summer Activity Provisions 2018
PONTYPOOL COMMUNITY COUNCIL NEWSLETTER
The Community Council have produced a newsletter outlining examples of what services we provide, what events we host and what funding we provide to the Community as well as other useful information.
If you would like to collect a free copy of the newsletter they are available in our offices or to view the newsletter please click here.