Pontypool Community Council
Virtual Full Council Meeting -
To view the agenda for this meeting please click on the Council toolbar at the top of this page then choose the relevant committee from the options on the toolbar on the left hand side of the page. All meetings start at 6.30pm (unless stated otherwise).
PLEASE NOTE PONTYPOOL COMMUNITY COUNCIL'S
TELEPHONE NUMBER HAS CHANGED WITH
IMMEDIATE EFFECT TO :
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL ACCOUNTS
Please click on link below to see statement from Pontypool Community Council:
Notice required by regulations
Citizens Advice Torfaen are still available to contact via For Advice:
Call on 0300 330 2117 to talk to an adviser who will arrange a telephone call back if needed. Also see www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wales for information and help.
Poetry/short story competition
The theme is“Life in lockdown”
1st prize - £60 Amazon Vouchers
2nd prize - £40 Amazon Vouchers
3rd prize - £30 Amazon Vouchers
There are four categories:
• 11 -17 years of age
• 7 – 10 years of age
• 4- 6 years of age
Entries are invited from anyone living within the area of TORFAEN only
Poem can be up to 30 lines long
Short story can be up to 1000 words long
The closing date is 20th July 2020
If entering the Junior category, please state your age.
Email entries and postal entries allowed:
Send entries to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Annette Ambrosen
Pontypool Community Council
35a Commercial Street
Photography Competition 2020
The theme is
“The Four Seasons”
1st prize - £50 Amazon Vouchers plus your photo on canvas
2nd prize - £30 Amazon Vouchers plus your photo on canvas
3rd prize - £20 Amazon Vouchers plus your photo on canvas
• The image must have been taken in Torfaen.
• Entries are invited from anyone living within the area of Torfaen only.
• Images must be submitted in a digital format via email and must be AT LEAST one megabyte in size, JPEG is the easiest way to submit.
• All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
• Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
• Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Pontypool Community Council to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
• It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
• Only one entry per person.
• The photograph must comprise of a single image and not a composite of other images.
• The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing by the judges.
Please note photographs entered can be taken from before the current lockdown or should be taken whilst entrants are out during their allocated daily exercise time. Please ensure current Government guidelines are adhered to.
The closing date is 20th July 2020
Email entries only. Send entries to - email@example.com
Competition winners will be contacted by 31st July 2020
Please note : prizes will be posted
PARTY IN THE PARK 2020
It is with great regret that the Council has made the decision
that due to the COVID-19 virus and current government guidelines, this year’s
Party in the Park has had to be
cancelled. The members and staff are disappointed that the event has been cancelled, but obviously as there is no way of knowing when life will return to normal it was felt that this is the proper decision to make during these difficult times.
Please feel free to spread the word!
PHOTO TAKEN BEFORE THE PANDEMIC.
Race Juniors AFC under 14's were awarded Junior Teams Sponsorship from Pontypool Community Council. The money was used to purchase new kit with the Community Council logo on it.
They all look very smart 😊😊
Please check our Facebook page for updates = Pontypool Community Council.
Useful tel numbers that you may wish to contact if you require assistance are:
Torfaen CBC 01495 762200
Samaritans Helpline: 116 123
Tofaen Citizen’s Bureau: 0300 330 2117
AGe Connects Torfaen: 01495 769264
Pontypool Credit Union : 01495 742500
Pontypool Womens Aid: 01495 742052
Torfaen and Blaenau Gwent: 01495 757393
Age UK: 0800 169 6565
Mind: 0300 123 3393
Domestic Violence Hotline: 0808 2000 247
Childline: 0800 1111
Torfaen Voluntary Alliance: 01495 742420
Alcohol rehab in Wales : 02072052845
Additional numbers will be added in due course.
Please check our Facebook page for more updates:
Pontypool Community Council. We look forward to a time where we can return to a normal service and hope you stay safe and well in the mean time.
TELEPHONE NUMBERS FOR PHARMACIES:
Pontypool: Boots 01495 762727
Mayberry 01495 763431
Health Plus 01495 762991
Abersychan - 01495 774012
Lloyds Pharmacy 01495 762502
Griffithstown Lloyds Pharmacy: 01495 763960
New Inn Pharmacy: 01495 763504
Well Garndiffaith: 01495 772711.
Blaenavon: Well Blaenavon 01495 790293,
Blaenavon Healthcare Centre 01495 790594,
The Pharmaceutical Department 01495 790594.
Cwmbran: Boots 01633 483281 01633 244026
Lloyd’s 01633 483509 or 01633 482897
Superdrug 01633 861228
Malpas Pharmacy: 01633 858002
Well done to all 800 pupils of 8 Pontypool Schools who entered our Eisteddfod this week. The event was fantastic. Below are pictures of Griffithstown Primary who were both Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2 Overall winners.
Environment Wales Act 2016
The Bio-diversity and resilience of eco- systems duty report 2019 will appear on our website subject to approval from Council in January.
Click on the link below for the DRAFT version:
20.01.15 Environment Wales Act 2016 Part 1section 6.pdf
Tree of the year competition
Pontypool Park's Sweet Chestnut tree has won the Woodland Trust's tree of the year competition and the prize is £1000 that needs to be spent on the tree.
The tree is a Sweet Chestnut which is located in Pontypool Park and is over 400 years old.
Thank you to all who voted.