Published: 10 July 2020
Coronavirus restrictions relaxed further to support tourism and leisure sectors in Wales.
Key dates for next few weeks:
- 11th July - self contained accommodation can open
- 13th July - most indoor attractions and outdoor eating can reopen
- 20th July - playgrounds, outdoor gyms and community centres can reopen
- 27th July - accommodation with shared facilities including camp sites, cinemas, museums and galleries open*
- 3rd August - indoor eating open*
*to be confirmed, preparations to open can start - will depend on the next 21 day review on the 30th July.
The Welsh Government will also make changes to the physical distancing regulations to reflect some of the challenges faced by the hospitality, beauty industry and other sectors where a 2m distance cannot be reasonably maintained at all times."
The law in Wales will continue to make the 2m distance the default position, because this remains the safest way to protect people’s health. But when 2m cannot reasonably be maintained, the regulations will require businesses to put in place a set of additional measures to minimise the risk of the virus spreading, including taking reasonable steps to minimise close face-to-face contact and maintain hygiene.