Standing for Community/Town Councillor
Published: 28 January 2022
- Raises awareness of the role and contribution community and town councillors make to society
- Shows how community and town councillors are well placed to know the priorities and needs of their local area and how councils can collaborate with local partners to achieve positive change
- Explains the importance of diversity in local government
- Explains the challenges councillors face and the support available to them e.g., through training programmes provided by One Voice Wales
- Outlines the skills, knowledge and experience gained through the role and their wider application in other aspects of life and employment, the exposure to a range of unfamiliar issues and a greater understanding of how local democracy works
- Explains that everyone has skills to bring to the role of Councillor from their daily life e.g. organisation, communication, problem solving etc.